• Your team must consist of at least two (2) and no more than six (6) people
• At least one (1) member of your team must hold a passport from the Pan-Arab Region
• All members of your team must be over the age of eighteen (18)
• Your team should have received no funding at all to qualify for the idea track.
• Your team should not have received more than One Hundred Thousand US Dollars ($100,000 USD) in seed funding to qualify for the start up track
How will the teams be judged and evaluated?
Teams are judged on how useful the mobile solution is, the business model and the effectiveness of their presentation to the judges. Judging and marking categories include:
• Problem addressed
• Business model
• The market potential for the idea track
• The legitimacy of the proof of concept for the start up track
Some tips to help you along:
• General Appeal: How much potential appeal is there to consumers, companies and professionals? Is it commercially, socially, politically, or personally appealing, relevant, or exciting?
• Essential Value & Utility: What is the level of indispensability and importance of the solution?
• Innovation & Uniqueness: Is it freshly entertaining, or a new approach to an old problem, or a better way to do something efficiently/effectively/elegantly?
• Significance of “Problem” your Idea or Start Up Identifies/Solves: Estimate how compelling the solution appears to be in solving a difficulty that has been painful previously.
• The prototype: Try to ensure that you have a fully or partially operational prototype (depending on the track)
• The App User Interface and Quality of Experience: Try to ensure a sense of clarity, simplicity, friendliness, and an intuitive feel of what the user has to do next.