• Your team must consist of at least two (2) and no more than six (6) people
• At least one (1) member of your team must hold a passport from the Pan-Arab Region
• All members of your team must be over the age of eighteen (18)
• Your team should not have received more than One Hundred Thousand US Dollars ($100,000 USD) in seed funding in order to qualify
How will the app teams be judged and evaluated?
Teams are judged on how useful the mobile app is, the business model and the effectiveness of their presentation to the judges. Judging and marking categories include:
• Problem addressed
• Completeness of the Mobile App
• Business model
Some tips to help you along:
• General Appeal: How much potential appeal is there to consumers, companies and professionals? Is it commercially, socially, politically, or personally appealing, relevant, or exciting?
• Essential Value & Utility: What is the level of indispensability and importance of the app?
• Innovation & Uniqueness: Is it freshly entertaining, or a new approach to an old problem, or a better way to do something efficiently/effectively/elegantly?
• Significance of “Problem” App Identifies/Solves: Estimate how compelling the app appears to be in solving a difficulty that has been painful previously.
• The App prototype: Try to ensure that you have a fully or partially operational prototype App at the various judging phases. The more complete the better.
• The App User Interface and Quality of Experience: Try to ensure a sense of clarity, simplicity, friendliness, and an intuitive feel of how the App works and what the user has to do next.
A more detailed document on the judging criteria will be sent to the judges and to all selected Arab Mobile App Team members once their mentors are assigned.